This is not an Onion article.
Pizza is a vegetable? Congress says yes
Congress wants to keep pizza and french fries on school lunch lines, fighting back against an Obama administration proposal to make school lunches healthier.
The final version of a spending bill released late Monday would unravel school lunch standards the Agriculture Department proposed earlier this year, which included limiting the use of potatoes on the lunch line and delaying limits on sodium and delaying a requirement to boost whole grains.
Republicans on the House Appropriations Committee said the changes would “prevent overly burdensome and costly regulations and to provide greater flexibility for local school districts to improve the nutritional quality of meals.”
- mysql5902 likes this
- bigtimesinsuality likes this
- thenightborn likes this
- dalasverdugo likes this
- tiannachantal reblogged this from agentcooperlovescoffee and added:
- ron-swansong reblogged this from mc-clapyohandz and added:
- mc-clapyohandz reblogged this from agentcooperlovescoffee
- ciggy reblogged this from breathingtimemachine
- ciggy likes this
- stonesinyourmind reblogged this from breathingtimemachine
- thebambody reblogged this from justin and added:
- breathingtimemachine reblogged this from justin
- thatartzygirl likes this
- hobart likes this
- jasby likes this
- justin likes this
- millertime83 posted this